Spain is a hugely popular holiday destination in Europe. People from all over Europe as well as other parts of the planet travel simply to experience it, whether it is for a week, or a month or more. Let’s look at the 5 things I love about Spain the most!
1. Tapas – What better place to eat tapas than Spain itself? With tapas originating from Spain, you’ll be in the right spot for it. There are lots of restaurants available – ask your hotel reception what the best ones are locally. Various dishes include goats cheese, ham, shrimp, spinach, other cheese, and much more, with plenty of fresh herbs. The flavors are delightful and you should not miss out on this on vacation to Spain!
2. Gaudi’s architecture – Spain isn’t all just about hot beaches and nice restaurants. Many countries have that, and even though they are worth experiencing in Spain while you’re there, there is also a more unique experience to be had: seeing Antoni Gaudi’s architecture. There are mixed opinions on how good his work actually is, nevertheless the buildings are truly out of this world and are certainly worth seeing. Most can be found in Barcelona.
3. Art museums – Spain is the home of some of the most famous artists ever; Dali and Picasso. You can view some of their works in Centro de Arte Reina Sofia. There’s a lot of history to such paintings, and the museums are truly unique. It’s also worth checking out the art on show in Museo del Prado, which displays works from the 14th to 19th century by artists such as El Greco and Goya. Entry is free of charge on most weekdays.
4. Flamenco shows – Flamenco is frequently mistaken for dancing, but it’s actually considered a musical form that merely happens to sometimes involve dancing. If you go to Spain and want to see flamenco dancing, you are in luck, with there being venues that have both song and the dancing in one. You can see a full flamenco show at Torres Bermejas in Madrid. There are others, just ask a tour guide or your hotel reception for specific suggestions.
5. Seville – Words cannot describe the wonderfulness of Seville. The cathedral with its Giralda tower, the Alcazar castle, the Plaza de España – these are some of the things you should absolutely visit in your lifetime. Seville is a very artistic and cultural city in the south of Spain, and it looks even better at night. Consider though that the heat can be hard to bare in August, but even then it’s worth suffering. Here you can experience flamenco, nightlife, tapas, and much more. This city alone is an excellent holiday.
Overall there is plenty to relish in Spain. There’s something for the arty cultural types, the foodies, the beach goers, the hot weather seekers, and so on. Whatever interests you, you will most probably enjoy Spain as a holiday.
In addition to mainland Spain, I tend to love to visit Lanzarote as well. It is great to escape the Barcelona tourist traps.
Be the first to comment on "5 Things I Truly Love About Spain"