If you are currently using herbal skin care, or thinking of using it, know that all products with herbs in them are not alike and many of them can actually be harmful. This may be the first time you hear about it, there are quite a few skin care products out there that consist purely of man-made chemicals.
Now, of course some of these chemicals can help your skin in the short-term and give relief to certain issues. But there are many common ingredients that can cause all sorts of skin problems either directly after using them or after using them for a prolonged period of time.
What does herbal skin care have to do with all this? There are so many herbal products on the market today, and a large amount of these are not as natural as they might claim to be. But here’s the up-side; you can easily determine if a skin care product is good or bad by making sure that these harmful ingredients are not in the list.
1) Dioxane – A chemical that contains high levels of 1,4-dioxane which is actually known to the state of California to cause cancer.
2) Mineral Oil – Sounds nice and natural, right? This is a petroleum by-product which is used to keep moisture in the skin. It is used because it is much cheaper than the natural, more efficient counterparts and can cause anything from acne to wrinkles, dryness and in worst case even cancer.
3) Fragrances – Many synthetic fragrances are made of toxic or carcinogenic ingredients, and can after prolonged use cause depression, hyperactivity or irritability.
4) Parabens – Used in, oh, so many products to increase their shelf life. It is even found in products in natural skin care lines. New scientific studies suggest it may cause cancer, as well as disturbing the body’s hormonal balance – which can bring fertility issues.
5) Alcohol – Chemical alcohols like ethanol, ethyl alcohol, methanol, benzyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol and SD alcohol are drying and irritating to the skin.
By avoiding those ingredients and looking for natural ingredients that have been proven to be effective like Phytessence Wakame, CynergyTK and Nano-Lipobelle H-EQ10, you’ll find a highly effective herbal skin care product in no time.
So what you can do to find the best herbal skin care, is to find products that are guaranteed that they are made of completely natural ingredients, and to be sure check that none of the listed above are present.