Is thinking that you can create the life you want simply by your thoughts just metaphysical mumbo jumbo? If one can truly create real happiness just by thought then why aren’t more people happy?
Let’s consider the two sides of this particular coin.
Here are some self limiting, negative, sorrow inducing thoughts, statements, ideas that are often taught to our children:
– You’ll be sorry later.
– Life is full of disappointments.
– You can’t always win.
– You can’t always be happy.
– You’ll just have to learn to live with it.
– One person can’t make a difference.
– Money doesn’t grow on trees.
– There is not enough for everyone.
Here are some powerful, positive, passionate thoughts, statements, ideas that can be taught to our children:
– No need to be fearful, you are a magnificent person.
– Life is wonderous and full of excitement.
– You can be, have or do anything you want.
– If you choose to be happy then you will be happy.
– Live with purpose, live your best life.
– Having money allows you to serve others, attract lots of money.
– God (the universe) provides lavishly for you and all humanity.
With the first set of thoughts what kind of family, community, country do you think this child will create as he reaches adulthood? Looking at the second set of thoughts what kind of family, community, country do you think this particular child will create?
The first child might find himself living in a world filled with kids taking guns to school, teachers afraid to teach, countries at war, rampid disease, poor living conditions. The second child would not, his world would reflect peace, a sense of purpose, that making a difference in all aspects of his life matters. His sense of well being would bring him prosperity.
Examine your beliefs closely. Do you fall into group 1 or group 2 or maybe a combination of the two. What does your life reflect right now? Is it a match to the reoccurring thoughts you have daily? The secret, often unshared thoughts that live in your soul, the ones that make up who you think you are.
If you want to have a powerful, positive, passionate life, then why not focus on what you want, not what you don’t want. Your thoughts are the most powerful thing you own, pass them on. It can make a great inheritance for your children
As the saying goes ” A man is only as happy as he makes up his mind to be.”
Copyright (c) 2007 Priscilla Parham
Become part of something that is sweeping the world with inspiration. You’ll find jokes, free audio affirmations and other secret tools to download at www.LiveTheSecret.us
. Priscilla Parham coaches on awareness and goal setting for your health, your business and your relationships motivating change from the inside-out.