Little Black Dress, also known as LBD, is popular all around the world. With well-design, fitted cut and soft fabric, it is classic as well as trendy.
What is Little Black Dress?
Do you have any idea about the definition? A little black dress is a kind of evening or cocktail dress. Simple style and short design is the main character of this dress. The origins of the little black dress could trace back to 1920s design of Coco Chanel. In 1926, Coco Chanel posted a photo of short and simple black dress in Vogue. This kind of calf-length, short LBD quickly became very popular around the country and it turns out to be an everlasting garment.
Tips for LBD
1. We need a versatile LBD to cater for different occasions. For example, a blazer worn over a sleeveless black dress is great for office time; when we go to parties in the evening and we barely have time to change our dress, just take off the blazer and add some accessories to accentuate a feminine look. A silk scarf, a light shawl or even a jeweled brooch will be a glamorous touch on your LBD.
Applicable for occasions:
2. A well-designed LBD flatters your body shape while highlights your advantages. How to choose your favourite LBD matching your figure?
* If you’re a bottom-heavy figure, you’d better find a little black dress which ignores the lower part of you. Fuller skirts are good at hiding your heavy hips and accentuating the waist.
Silhouette: halter or strapless
* Top-heavy figure
Use different necklines such as V-neck, square neckline to flatter your body shape.
* If you happen to have flabby arms and still want to look sexy. A 3/4 or 1/2 sleeves LBD is ideal for you. You needn’t cover up everywhere to hide your arms.
Silhouette: square-necklined sheath/column
Avoid too-cute little black dress.
Silhouette: A-line, cap-sleeves, bell-sleeves, boat neckline
* Plus Size
LBD is a gift for big girls. Highlight your curves in dark colour and flatter yourself with tiered skirts.
Silhouette: A-line, spagetti straps, sheath/column
3. We don’t need too many LBDs, but one high quality is a must-have. If you just wear it once or twice, a cheap one is OK. But if you take endurance into account, then invest in the little black dress. Anyway, it’s a worthwhile.
Ask DressesShop.com for advice in areas of Cocktail Dresses and Prom Dresses. We write numerous articles providing information for the customers. We carry a fabulous collection of Wedding Dresses designed to complement your bridal outfit. Visit today and receive discount shipping on any dress.
Be the first to comment on "Little Black Dress"