Time is pressing, and especially when you are working all day it can often be a challenge to get dinner on the table in time. On many hectic days, easy quick meals are the only thing that can safe you when you don’t want to opt for take-aways or ready-made meals which affect both your health and budget in a negative way when eaten too often. I’m talking here about meals that you can prepare within only half an hour. Yes, it is possible! Healthy cooking does not need to be time consuming.
Here are two easy quick recipes for those who like it sweet. Both can be done in only 30 minutes and make four servings. No sugar is added to keep them healthy and low in calories. Instead, they use fruit to give you a sweet taste.
Semolina pudding with mixed berries
1 l milk
a pinch of salt
20 g butter
150 g semolina
20 g cold butter, extra
2 eggs, separated
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
750 g frozen berry mix
(1) Add salt and butter to the milk and bring to boil.
(2) Whilst the milk is heating up, cook the fruit as indicated on the package. Keep it warm until you need it.
(3) When the milk starts boiling, stir in the semolina, reduce the heat and allow simmering for about 10 minutes until the mixture is quite thick. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
(4) Add the remaining butter, the slightly beaten egg yolks and the cinnamon to the pudding and mix well. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then carefully spoon them under the pudding. Mix in about one third of the fruit, spread the remaining berries on top of the pudding for decoration, sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and serve immediately.
Pasta With Fruit And Baked Eggs
300 g pasta
1 kg frozen fruit
(1) Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes in rapidly boiling salt water al dente.
(2) In the meantime, prepare the fruit as indicated on the package and bake the eggs (use 2 pans at a time to get them done in one go).
(3) Place the eggs on a pasta nest and serve with the warm fruit.
Both these recipes are not only quick to make but they are also very healthy. The combination of grain products with milk or eggs (which are 2 foods that contain most important nutrients in ideal combination) and nutrient packed fruit provides your body with plenty of nutrients. And because they are sweet, even your kids will love them. A great quick and easy way to make the little ones eat a healthy meal.
If you have to carefully watch your fat intake, you can reduce the amount of butter in the semolina pudding or even cut it out completely. Use a teaspoon of vanilla essence instead to give the pudding some extra flavour. And use a low-fat or fat-free milk instead of the full cream version to reduce the calories to a minimum.
Bettina Berlin is a health professional specializing in healthy nutrition and quick cooking. Eating healthy and thus maintaining a healthy weight can significantly improve your health and help prevent many diseases. Is your life so hectic that preparing healthy food often seems impossible? Then visit http://www.elishas-quick-recipes.blogspot.com TODAY and get your FREE fast cooking tips and much delicious quick easy recipes!