In the Bible, there are some stories, sketches and things that are hard to believe; they may be classified into scientific things, historical stories, fiction sketches etc.
This series present some of these stuffs as examples.
In the Bible, 2 Samuel 23:8 talks about the Biblical Superman!
He is one of King David’s Mighty Men
He sat in the seat, chief among the captains; He was chief of the Three.
Once He lifted up his spear against 800 men; they have been killed immediately.
Have you ever heard about something like that?
Do you believe in such a story?
It is interesting that 55% of the eminent Biblical scholars who translate the Bible do not believe in this story that gives an example of the Corruption of the Bible.
The original Hebrew verse says:
He lifted up his spear against eight hundred whom he slew at one time
Herein, the smart reader will find out what 20 Bible’s versions say about 2 Samuel 23:8:
These are the only two correct versions (2 out of 20); they say: He lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time; they are:
King James Version
21st Century King James Version
However, the following four versions say raised his spear instead of lift it up; they say:
He raised his spear against eight hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter; they are:
New International Version, ©2010
New International Version – UK
Today’s New International Version, ©2005
New International Version 1984,
And the following three versions say wielded his spear instead of lift it up; they say:
He wielded his spear against eight hundred whom he killed at one time; they are:
English Standard Version
Holman Christian Standard Bible
It follows that 9 (out of 20) versions of the Bible (45%) say that he lifted up or raised or wielded his spear against eight hundred men, whom he killed immediately!
Nevertheless, the other 11 (out of 20) versions of the Bible (55%) found that this story is unbelievable; for this reason, the eminent Biblical scholars did their best to make the story as real as possible.
The following four versions say that he used his spear to kill 800 but how? But they do not tell how this happened:
1) Contemporary English Version; it says: He killed eight hundred men with his spear.
2) New Living Translation; it says: He once used his spear to kill 800 enemy warriors in a single battle.
3) GOD’S WORD Translation; it says: He used a spear to kill 800 men on one occasion.
4) New International Reader’s Version; it says: He used his spear against 800 men. He killed all of them at one time.
In addition, the following six versions say nothing about the lifted up spear:
1) The Message; it says: He once put his spear to work against eight hundred—killed them all in a day.
2) New American Standard Bible; it says: He … because of eight hundred slain by him at one time;
3) New King James Version; it says: He … had killed eight hundred men at one time.
4) New Century Version; it says: He killed eight hundred men at one time.
5) American Standard Version; it says: He was … against eight hundred slain at one time.
6) Darby Translation; it says: He [fought] against eight hundred, slain [by him] at one time.
Moreover, the following version, not only say nothing about the lifted up spear but it says that the 800 men were wounded not killed! Oh please!
Young’s Literal Translation
He [is] Adino, who hardened himself against eight hundred — wounded at one time.
Furthermore, in the next article, the smart reader will find out that this Biblical story is forged; and the original Hebrew verse is forged too!
On the other hand, this stuff is not found in the Quran.
Now, we have two big issues:
1) The Biblical scholars claim that the Quran is quoted from the Bible.
2) The Quran claims that the Bible is corrupted.
What do you believe?
Professor Dr. Ibrahim Khalil
Prof. of Clinical and Chemical Pathology, Head (ex-) of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Control Unit, Ain-Shams University. Cairo, Egypt. President of the Egyptian Society of Inventors, Honorary President of SPIC-Egypt (The Society of Practitioners of Infection Control – Egypt), Co-Chief Editor of the Egyptian Journal of Lab. Medicine. Member of the Egyptian union of Writers, Published 5 Books and some 60 Medical Articles, Supervisors for 79 PhD theses and111 Master Degree theses.