If you’re concerned about the quality and quantity of the food you’re eating, then you might have thought about eating more healthily, but don’t know where to start.
Here are 5 essential tips to help you eat more healthily:
1. Make your own meals so that you know exactly what you are eating. You’ll be able to control the fat, sugars and salt content of every meal. You’ll also know how fresh the ingredients are, and where they came from. You can also make the dishes taste exactly how you want them to, and in larger quantities so that you can freeze any leftovers for another day.
2. Why not let your children help you decide what to have for tea? By eating a wide variety of meals, your children are much less likely to become a fussy eater. If your children will only eat a limited range of food, it’s likely to be because that’s what you feed them, so why not try all sorts of different foods? Why not share the cooking too? If you don’t normally cook, why not start off with something basic, and get more adventurous? You’ll gain new skills and come up with your own favourite or signature dishes, and you’ll be very proud of yourself
3. By encouraging your children to know more about the food they eat, they can appreciate the importance of the food they are eating, and where it comes from, and what makes it good for them. Knowing where various fruits and vegetables are grown, perhaps even locally, as well as knowing which animals the meat they eat comes from, can help them to appreciate their food more.
4. Eating fresh food is important. We should all be aiming for 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day, and your children are no exception. In addition, fresh fish and meat tastes much better than processed food, and is much healthier. Instead of buying everything pre packed from the supermarket, why not go to the butchers, greengrocers and fishmongers, and see what you can find? You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the quality, range of products and the prices.
5. By feeding your family healthy nutritious meals, you’re sure to notice the difference. From improved performance in class or whilst at work, to a better temperament and generally feeling healthier, you’ll all reap the benefits of healthy eating.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be expensive, and doesn’t have to mean that you can’t eat certain foods. It means that you appreciate that fresh food is important, and better for you. Eating healthily doesn’t have to be expensive either, and remember, you get what you pay for. Doesn’t your family deserve nice healthy food?
Discover Healthy Family Recipes and other essential Parental Advice at Candis.co.uk. Join Online today and see what else you’ve been missing out on.
Be the first to comment on "5 Essential Tips For Healthy Family Meals"