When calls for “What’s for dinner, hon?” or “Mom, I’m hungry!” start echoing throughout the house and you barely have set foot inside the front door, it’s tempting to just have pizza delivered. But you know better. Your family’s nutrition is your utmost concern and as the health-conscious parent you are, you know that nothing beats the taste and nourishment of a home-cooked meal.
The truth remains, however, that after a long day from work, it can be a tiring job to prepare dinner. Make your life a little easier with these healthy dinner recipes that you can whip up in 20 minutes!
Maple-Chili Glazed Pork Medallions (from EatingWell September/October 2007)
1. Mix 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of pork.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 1 pound pork tenderloin (already trimmed and cut crosswise into 1 inch thick medallions) and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add 1/4 cup cider, 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar to the pan. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning the pork occasionally to coat, until the sauce is reduced to a thick glaze, 1 to 3 minutes. Serve the pork drizzled with the glaze.
Oven-Fried Fish Recipe
1. Heat the oven to 350F/180C/gas 4. Cut 4 skinned salmon fillets into strips.
2. Mix 85g (3/4 cup) wholemeal breadcrumbs (easily made in a food processor or sturdy blender) with 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley and 50g (1/2 cup) grated cheese. Parmesan is the best, but you can use Cheddar or any other hard cheese you have.
3. Spread this mixture on to a plate. Beat 1 egg, and spread 50g (1/2 cup) flour on to another plate.
4. Dip each fish slice first into the flour, then into the egg, and finally into the breadcrumbs to coat.
5. Place fish on a lightly oiled baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes until the fish is cooked.
Apple Almond Crunch Salad
Use a large salad bowl to combine 1 (10 ounce) package of mixed salad greens with cup slivered almonds, 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, 1 cup tart apple (cored and chopped), 1/2 cup sliced red onion and 1/4 cup golden raisins. Toss until blended and apply the raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing for individual servings.
Scrambled Egg Pasta Recipe
1. In a small bowl, beat together 4 eggs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, fry 8 slices thick bacon (chopped) and 1 onion together until the meat is browned and crispy and the onion has begun to caramelize.
3. Add 4 cups al-dente cooked pasta (if using cold day-old pasta, cook until its just warmed through, about 1 minute).
4. Pour the egg-and-cheese mixture into the skillet and reduce heat to low. Stir continuously until the pasta is coated with the eggs and they have begun to solidify.
5. Season with the salt and pepper, then serve immediately, with extra grated Parmesan on the side.
If you are serious about improving your wellness, make sure that you have a look at Vitamix blenders. Also, don’t miss this post called “Vita Mix recipes”.
Be the first to comment on "Healthy Dinner Recipes – How To Prepare Balanced Meals In No Time"