In the present world, a large number of people have been experiencing the benefits of yoga. The various exercises of yoga have enabled people to enjoy a healthy and fit life. There are total six yoga branches. All these branches involve different physical exercises and breathing techniques, Pranayama, meditation and a strong moral code.
1. Hatha Yoga In India, “Ha” means sun and “tha” means moon. Hatha yoga involves these two energies to streamline the various functions in the body. Its primary goal is to prepare the body for the purest state of meditation to come in the 2nd branch.
2. Raja Yoga There is a strong correlation between the Raja and Hatha yoga. Raja means “royal” in India, and in th royal tradition, this yoga branch has eight included yoga branches as follow:
niyama – self discipline – asana – positions – pranayama – breath control – pratyahara – sensory deprivation – dharana – meditation – samadhi â ecstasy.
3. Bhakti Yoga Bhakti refers to love towards God and mankind. It’s practice involves controlling the channeling emotions and having tolerance for all who come into our lives.
4. Karma Yoga The karma yoga focuses on what we do and what we behave today will influence our happiness and fulfillment in the future. Understanding this celestial principle helps us to fill our present environment with love and positivity in order to throw out negativity from our life.
5. Jnana Yoga Jnana yoga is considered as the branch of mental power. Many practitioners pursue scholarly paths of yoga disciplines or other spiritual traditions.
6. Tantra yoga Although the various yoga branches focus on the mental and physical healing of our body, but tantra yoga translates to weave or loom. In this branch, rituals are performed everyday to a recognition of the divine in everyday life which leads to a groveling attitude in routine actions.
Visit our website for more information on Holistic health, Prenatal yoga classes and Yoga branches.
Patresia Adams is a healthcare consultant working with Divine Wellness. This interactive health and wellness portal offers Live online yoga classes through high-definition video conferencing.